9.7.06

lost

where did you go my friend?
you left to travel the country
to meet strangers
and possibly to meet yourself
i miss you
and pine for the day you meet me

where did you go my friend?
you left to find employment
to save children
and possibly to save yourself
i miss you
and pine for the day you save me

where did you go my friend?
you exit more ambiguous
will you meet yourself the stranger?
will you save yourself the child?
will you kill me in your search?
did you find war?
i miss you
and pine for the day you called me friend

and where have i gone?
my exit most ambiguous
has pacifism been
ripped
out
of
my
cold
dead
hands?
has the resurrected child been so easily slain?
has the once-lost soul wandered so quickly?
i pine
for peace
for quiet
for play
for love
for the day i am found in your willingness to see

No comments: