26.5.05

Extravagent Blessings

Seattle is amazing. Everywhere you look, there's green. Walking down a suburban street, you see trees, flowers, shrubs with the mountians shining in the background. In the city, every street is littered with beautifully divergent colors of green that make you wonder if the city itself isn't a love letter from God. Driving in traffic, you see trees and sky scrapers inextricable intertwined with Mt. Raineer behind it. It's almost impossible to be even sad on a sunny day. Green against blue with some clean grey concrete complimenting. wow. I just can't even begin to comprehend how blessed I am to be here. Each day seems a gift too great and extravagent to accept. Simply being here is the type of life people dream and write about - and it's my reality. I just can't believe it.

Then there's my job...working with a pastor who likes my bumper stickers and even went to Left Bank Books to check out their supply of leftist stickers, a church that is hopefully and excitedly venturing into postmodern ministry and unbelievably supportive of my schooling etc.

Then God give me vision for using art to aid the two-thirds world and even give me time, opportunity, and vision for creating art myself. I'm in awe and cannot comprehend how all these blessings are suddenly mine!

Finally, after two years of suffreing, I'm at a school I'm excited about and that nurtures the soul. Next week I get to take a class called "Spirituality and Art." I'm reading McLaren for credit and get to spend 9 hour a day with him for four straight days -- and this is school? Unbelieveable!

The past two weeks, I've had to stop myself from thinking about it to keep from being parapalegically awe-struck and held captive to wonder as to how and why God has chosen me for such blessings. He is good!

But...I do have to speak infront of the entire congregation on Sunday - which freaks me out, but that's just a tiny looming black fleck on the movie screen of my life right now!

No comments: