22.8.05

i'm proud of myself

the never ending story is my baby, my art work. i've been killing myself to perfectly (or near perfectly) craft it.

my intern is teaching on "conversation" tonight.

so what i'm proud of is that i put aside the self-inflating rumors in my mind that if i'm not there it will fall apart. i took my baby, prayed, placed it in God's hands and said, i'm taking a much needed day off.

time for sabbath, absorbing every blessing, the sun, the almost blue sky blanketed like a child on a hot summer night with only a light white sheet of clouds, leaves with a million different flecks of green, a light breeze, the unmistakeable beauty of my city.

this is the life - the real life - i've been missing for weeks.

2 comments:

g13 said...

good for you!

bryan nixon said...

right on!