25.9.06

out of town and out of context

first:
thanks to one and all (excepting gruber) for comments of encouragement in the face of myspace! we can take solice in knowing that one day all evil empires like myspace will end! (joking - but also not. i know of at least one marriage that had ended violently because of myspace and cannot imagine the number of lives of young women that have lost so much glory to sexualization at ages 10, 11, 12, 13 - so, it really is sort of evil)

second:
anyway, i'm off to a conference today, but had to leave you with these new quotes brought to you by trusty spies, bryan nixon and carin taylor.

"I've always wanted to be a bobble-head."
"Have you ever been thrown out of a bar? I have."
- From Sexual Disorders

"Especially at the beginning of the day, you don't know what pants I'm wearing."
"The Trotskyites wouldn't even take me."
"You've got cooties."
"Have you ever lusted and wanted to kill people? 'Uh-huh (yes).' Then we want you as our candidate."
"Anarchy, but no pink."
"I'm just going to wear bold shirts and marry someone who lives in a trailer."
"I would've had far more integrity and joy if I had picked up the whole doughnut."
"I was like, 'You have to take a test to get into law school? Bummer.'"
"I get to hallucinate on your behalf."
"I don't care about being incontinent."
"You might as well just have a hologram up here."
"You shouldn't be drinking cheap beer. There will be no cheap beer in the kingdom of God. Just get over Pabst Blue Ribbon."
"Frankly, I don't like God."
"I don't like anything I teach, and I know most of it's not true."
"I know people on crack who are happy."
"It's like putting me in a tutu. Does that help?"
- From Faith Hope and Love

Thanks Carin and Bryan - until next semester, this is the end of quotes out of context! Blessings as you spend the rest of the semester digesting and unpacking the depht that accompanied them - their context, if you will.

No comments: