11.1.06

stubbornly driven - pleading for freedom

"God leads; Satan drives."
Good words from Lisa Domke, my happily former (for her sake - meaning I am infinately glad she made her freeing exodus from my church) associate pastor.

I have been hoping and planning to leave my church as early as Easter and as late as August. I want to start a house church and begin working (probably volunteer to start) with street/at risk youth. This dream began to re-awaken hope, passion, vision etc.

Then, one of the congregants of my church decides to start a rumor that I won't stay longer than spring.

Crap. So, do I leave? Do I let him be right and continue his destructive way of being? Or, do I follow my heart?

I find myself revisiting Lisa's words and praying for less stubborness and more freedom.

No comments: