18.4.06

the final edition of quotes out of context


Today marks the end of a journey. My time in class with Dan Allender has ended. It has been life-changing, heart breaking, hope birthing and, at times, hilarious. So, today we have the final edition of quotes out of context.

Obviously, I thought I was not here. I won’t take a vote for you, but I believe that I am here.
I have bricks in my heart.
You want my head on a platter.
[I will tell you] what it is like to be a 52-year-old man being undressed by a 26-year-old man.
You become the referee.
I want you to have that deep deep sense you’re not doing good work.
You are taking a long long walk in a lightening storm with a long pole. If you think you are Benjamin Franklin, try it.
I am messing with dynamite.
You will be blown up.
They will eat you; there is no point to be cannibalized.
Um [knock knock knock] you’re sexualizing your child ma’am.
My task is to stand in your way.
My only job in life [is] to create amvibilancs
Manip, mmm mmmm mm mm mmm m mmmm menos.
You are hearing a photograph.
You have a balloon that you have put a face on.
Do you understand the process of squared? Do you understand the processes of exonentiality?
I might be bluffing.
My task is to make havoc.
Invite me to sin because even then it would be righteous.
You are dealing with hyenas, and that’s another word for children.
It is very important that my children learn to speak.
Your sister is bleeding…it is not spontaneous pious bleeding.
That’s the problem with parenting, its that it takes an extraordinary amount of time.
What did you think when you went to the door and heard the dog barking?
I am wanting to get very small.
You can’t wait to dress your eighteen-month-old daughter in new clothes. She’s a living Barbie doll.
Have you started to read music?

also, he said "ju ju" a lot.

2 comments:

Mac Goddard said...

Does this mean that you are about to graduate? Are you keeping Annie straight?

Becky said...

no. just no more allender classes...as for annie, i can only do so much