25.4.06

what's in a word?

i am working on my stan grenz article right now. it's going to be an application of his last work, the named god and the question of being: a trinitarian onto-theology. it's title is the named god and the question of evil: a trinitarian re-imagination of theodicy in ministry.

i'll post a link to it when it gets published (next month?)

anyway, i was just thinking about writing - about writing papers, blog entries, articles etc. does anyone really read my blog? is anyone really impacted by my words - other than a chuckle at dan lincoln and the odd things he says? when i write 10 papers in one day and tire myself out over them, is anyone changed by them? am i? would i be changed if i never sat down to write the words? would they still crowd my head? would it just be crowding?

why do i write a blog?

why am i writing an article?

does anyone care?

does it matter if anyone cares?

is writing truly relational? is it trinitarian? do i write trinitarianly? or do i write for the sake of monologue?

how does/will the interaction of author (me) text (this) and reader (you) play out? what are you subjectively doing with my words? how are you using them to interpret me? what meaning is left after we all (author, text, and reader) thow our thoughts, bias, points of view, etc. into the mix?

what is in a word?

No comments: