16.6.06

hosea + gomer = undying love?


all the time
you were burning my letters
you were only acting the part
you think without me
you'll get on much better
but you dont even
know your own heart

come home, darling
come home quickly
come home, darling
all is forgiven,

but your still playing
for a love you'll never find
outside of these arms of mine

the whole town
is one step behind you
with the hang man on call
they've got the judge
and you're convicted without a plea
darling, they will listen to me

-pedro the lion

i have come with one purpose
to capture for myself a bride
by my life she is lovely
by my death she's justified
i have always been her husband
though many lovers she has known
so with water i will wash her
and by my word alone
-the church by derek webb

money cannot buy
a husband’s jealous eye
when you have knowingly deceived his wife
-wedding dress by derek webb

in the wake of being murdered by the church, may we, as God, direct our eyes to that which knowingly decieves her and our undying love to the church - harlot though she may be.

and as we do that for the church, who we are ourselves, can we love the harlot in ourselves, as God does, with undying love - harlots though we truly are?

can we see beyond the erosion of hers and our beautiful face to see the beloved? and will we fight for that beauty?

No comments: