28.7.05

commute

speeding the seemingly endless stretch of i-5 between home and work, singing along with poor old lu to keep my tired eyes open and drifting mind conscious, i finally round the last corner before my exit ramp. as i do, the towering evergreens seem to slide left and right to make way for the perfect view that briefly distracts truly attentive drivers. once the trees fell into their place, mt. rainier slinks into place and stands at attention. my breath escapes.

minutes later, my lungs end their sabbath as my mind reminds me it is time to signal, exit, and complete the trek to work.

how blessed are seattlites that this picture is the morning commute?

sure, traffic sucks, but it is a built in tour of God's art museum - who else has the gift of mandatory art time after work?

No comments: